Can you guys believe that yet another month has finished? We have ten more months to go before 2022!! I know that sounds like a lot, but if this year is anything like last year, it will zoom by insanely quickly haha.
February went fairly well!! I enjoyed it for the most part!!!
What I watched
- The Proud Family (7/10, perfect for Black History Month, it has it’s interesting points, but I wasn’t too thrilled with the art style, therefore it gets 3 stars gone)
- Step By Step (4/10, DID NOT LIKE IT. It was,,, not my type of show. If you liked the Brady Bunch, you’ll probably enjoy it, but I didn’t enjoy it.)
- The Facts Of Life (10/10, you’ll get the theme song stuck in your head haha. It’s super fun and silly and has shockingly aged fairly well. It does have quite a few ‘Very Special Episodes’ so if you don’t like those, I don’t recommend it)
- Lizzie Mcguire (10/10, to be fair, I was rewatching it, but anyways I enjoyed it and thought it was very cute)
- Smart Guy (6/10, it has not aged very well, and the plot-lines tend to be kinda boring, but it’s enjoyable, I suppose)
- Reba (7/10, technically I did not watch this during February, but I wanted to rate it haha. It was very funny, but I did not like that the plot-lines were typically focused on the adults, instead of the teenagers)
What I read
– I did not read during February because I was too busy, and then Lent began and I gave up non christian books so uh yeah
What I listened to
- Growing Pains, Alessia Cara – Album (10/10, I loved it. I’ve been listening to it nonstop. It’s so so so good. My favorite song in it was probably either Seven Days or Growing Pains)
- Letters, Vol. One, Grace Vanderwaal – Album (9/10, thoroughly enjoyable. The best song in it was probably Gucci Shoes)
- Drivers License (acoustic), Cimerelli – Song (5/10, did not like it. I mean,,, it was a clean version of Olivia Rodrigo’s song, so that’s good, but I did not like it)
- Skin, Sabrina Carpenter – Song (9/10, catchy and cynical. I adored it)
- The Train, Olivia Sanabia – Song (8/10, extremely relatable)
- No more music because I also gave up non christian music for Lent
What I bought
– Lots of pretty spring cottagecore clothing from Target!!!
What I did
- Finished my March bullet journal spreads!!!
- Wrote a few more chapters of my novel (almost at 40,000 words!!!)
- Wrote three songs that probably sucked but it was fun anyways
Honest rating of February 2021: 8/10, nothing big happened but I enjoyed it so that was good!!!
Hello, my fabulous readers!! How are you all doing today? Are you doing good, bad, or something in the middle? Whatever you’re feeling, please realize that this post is written for you. Yes, you. I really hope this post helps you.
Our world is,,,less then okay right now. A lot of people are going through a lot. Suicide rates have gone up as covid lockdown as gotten more intense. A lot of people are dealing with intensified mental health issues. Politics are a mess. Everyone is a wreck. If you relate to anything I just said, please realize that you are not alone. Other people are going through the same stuff as you. You’re not the only one. You may feel like you’re the only one going through whatever you’re going through, but you’re not.
While we can’t make everything perfect and lovely, we can make things better. Below, I’ll be sharing my tips for making things better.
- Practice self care!! Take a nice soothing bath!! Get all dressed up!! Try out yoga!! (If you’re catholic) pray the rosary!!
- Save encouraging quotes online, then print them out and leave them where you can see them.
- Try out doing a small act of kindness every day!!
- Write letters to others who have been impacted by covid-19. Letter writing is (sadly) a lost art. Make someone’s day and try out something fun and vintage!!
- Make a pretty DIY!!
- Buy yourself a pretty new dress!!
- Find a cool new blog!! (May I recommend college fashion, who what wear or the glitter guide?)
- Find something new to obsess over!! Currently I’m obsessing over astronomy, poetry, and art!!
- Binge watch an encouraging tv show!!
- Spend some time in the Bible!! Even if you’re not religious, this can still be encouraging!!
- If things get really bad and out of your control, please please please please reach out to a helpline. Helplines can literally save lives. Please reach out to one if you need to.
As always, stay safe, don’t hurt yourself, and remember you are loved and cared for.
Hello my wonderful readers!! I must apologize for not posting in a while, I’ve been quite busy. For the time being, I think I’ll only post two posts once a month.
Today I’m going over how the first month of 2021 went for me (one month down, eleven to go) and what I did during it.
What I watched
- Alice In Wonderland (10/10 would recommend, it’s ever so whimsical and lovely and I simply adored it)
- Hulu’s new adaption of The Hardy Boys (10/10, I cannot stand The Hardy Boys, but I greatly enjoyed this one)
- Dinosaurs (3/10, literally the strangest show I have ever seen. It’s so strange and isn’t really my kind of show)
- ANT Farm (8/10, not entirely my type of show, but it was enjoyable enough)
- WandaVision (10/10, WATCH IT WATCH IT WATCH IT. It’s intriguing and incredible and I enjoyed the vintage clothing a lot)
- Hocus Pocus (10/10, slightly creepy, but thoroughly enjoyable and well made)
What I read
- How To Save A Life (8/10, I enjoyed most of it, but Jill was rather obnoxious and ruined a lot of it)
- The Complete Poems Of Emily Dickinson (9/10, most of her poems don’t make much sense, but they’re pretty and enjoyable)
- You Have A Match (7/10, falls a bit flat)
- The first Selection book (9/10, well written, although I must admit that it’s rather superficial, of course, it’s a perfect book to get lost in)
What I listened to
- Just The Beginning, Grace Vanderwaal – album (10/10, lovely, beautiful, the perfect album to listen to on repeat)
- Blueberries, Sabrina Carpenter – song (9/10, wonderful cottagecore vibes, the one song carrying me through the last stretch of winter)
- Know It All, Alessia Cara – album (8/10, mostly enjoyable, not my favorite music though)
- Evolution, Sabrina Carpenter – album (10/10, catchy, enjoyable, impeccable)
What I bought
- A yoga mat!!
- A journal bible!!
- Rose scented perfume!! (That makes me feel like Audrey Hepburn)
What I did
- Worked hard on keeping my mental health strong
- Moved from therapy once a week, to therapy every two weeks!! (Yay me!!!)
- Studied the liturgical year!! (I’ll be doing a post about this later)
- Got back in contact with one of my old friends
- Wrote a horrible beginning of a story about an angel and a mortal who fall in love
- Tried out playing Stardew Valley, H A T E D it.
Honest rating of January 2021: 7/10, it’s had its sucky moments, but overall it hasn’t been horrible.